RDE is high performance, software configurable radar signal processing unit transforming primary radar video output – from virtually any surveillance radar – into high quality digital prima-ry raw video data stream and/or plot/track reports suitable for processing by Surveillance Data Processor (SDP). RDE runs un-der Linux OS.
RDE performance parameters and interfaces make it well suit-ed for digitization of a variety of radar types such as:
- Airport Surveillance Radar (primarily for APP and TWR)
- Air Defence Radar
- Vessel Tracking Radar
- Ground Movement Radar
- Meteorological Radar
- Digital Raw Video Data stream in proprietary compress format
- Plot / Track reports in standard ASTERIX format
- Easy implementable into the existing system architecture,
- Provides SNMP interface for Supervision & Monitoring systems
- COTS hardware with embedded special-purpose Signal Processing Unit (SPU).